Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How does one contact HP to get the status of a support case?

I opened a case before my warranty expired, got one email saying the case was open, but received no further information.

Now the warranty is expired and the HP support website just takes me to paid options.

How do I simply send an email or call HP to figure out how to resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

MindOpenWhy_0-1642961316489.png

HP Recommended

@MindOpenWhy

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issue with the R key not working on Omen 15 laptop. It is a hardware issue on the Keyboard. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. HP provides repair or service options for out of warranty product as well. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for out of warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I followed the steps you provided.

The only phone option I get is "Buy Support".

The only "chat" option is the Virtual Agent which just circles me back to the support page.

This is a technical issue but also a customer service issue.

I opened my case a month before the warranty expired and only received one email from HP saying the case was opened.

There does not appear to be any way for me to check the status of my case or contact HP without paying money.

That makes zero sense. 

Someone should be able to check on my case.

And an email just telling me a case is open but no information on action I can take next makes no sense either.

This should have been covered under warranty as the issue occurred and was reported to HP while the laptop was still under warranty.

"
On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 10:21 PM HP Case wrote:

Dear Mr / Ms Beck

Thank you for contacting HP Support. This email confirms your request for service; the details of your case are below.

Case Number [Personal Information Removed]  - Created

HP Reference Number: [Personal Information Removed]
Product Description:  OMEN Laptop - 15-en0023dx
Product Number: 2V927UA
Serial Number:  [Personal Information Removed]
Case Subject:  R key not working on Omen 15 laptop. Still under warranty tried all HP recommended troubleshooting but still not working.

Sincerely,
HP Customer Support
For additional assistance with your HP product and services please visit support.hp.com
"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.