Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0011nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I just found out today that the Omen Gaming hub of intel based HP omen 15 2020 series, has a Graphic Switcher option, in which they can well of course switch graphic cards to bypass the bottleneck of the IGPU and increase the fps, sort of like finding a fix to the bottleneck of Optimus. 

My device however is using AMD + Nvidia 1660 ti m, and even with the latest version of BIOS, Drivers, and of course the application itself---HP Omen Gaming Hub, there is no option "Graphic Switcher" and tbh, I find this quite unfair to be the sole luxury of Intel + Nvidia :(. 

So my question is, will this "Graphic Switcher" feature, be implemented (or can we hope like its a waiting game but assured) in the future as an update in the HP Omen Gaming Hub for AMD + Nvidia based laptops? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

with Optimus, i think you'll never asked for 'graphic switcher' from Omen Gaming Hub... because NVIDIA has it already.... even you can customized it from NVIDIA Control Panel... 

Open NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3d setting > Preferred graphic processor > set it NVIDIA... it's done.. simple as that

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
HP Recommended

@Stephen94 wrote:

Hello!
So my question is, will this "Graphic Switcher" feature, be implemented... in the HP Omen Gaming Hub for AMD + Nvidia based laptops?

Hello @Stephen94 

To answer your question directly, we have no way of knowing if that will ever happen. Per HP's Terms of Service, they cannot divulge if they are even working on it.

I will say (my opinion) that its not just HP that's responsible, AMD is just as responsible. It takes 2 to tango. 

So the bottom line:  It is - what it is.   I'm sorry.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the detailed and direct answer. I remain hopeful that since HP omen 15 2020 Intel version has this that AMD version would have this in the future. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.