Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8V3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Seriously, you guys need to fix this.

This is the second time a bios update failed on my laptop. The update came through windows update says "HP firmware update" so I install, reboot. Upon reboot I get the message "boot drive not found". Error code 3F0 or whatever it's called. Thankfully I already know the solution which is to open up the laptop, remove the second NVME SSD and continue the update, then reinstall the second hard drive afterwards. Is it really that hard to let me select the  boot drive myself? If I'm not meant to install a second drive then why put a second NVME slot? Big oversight which causes me to lose a half day of work every time I do a BIOS update.

Please submit this issue to your team so it can be resolved in a future update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.