Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

There are about 700k files being generated in the C:\hp\footprints

Lavin_Ama_0-1661436436858.png

Contents:

Lavin_Ama_2-1661436481791.png

Lavin_Ama_3-1661436524150.png

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Same problem on my OMEN by HP 15-dh0007na - before I noticed what was happening I had over 2 million of those files. Can't help but wonder how bad is that for the system SSD.

HP Recommended

Do you know if you're able to delete it?

HP Recommended

it seems to be omen gaming hub when you put it in performance mode (omen dynamic power)

spamming starts right after it autolaunches as a background process after log on

spams 6 files per second

first it was inability to delete already useless updates installers. now this

why HP treats users computers C:\ drives as a trashbin is beyond me

HP Recommended

Hmm, for me it only makes one file one i turn my computer on doesn't spam them at all. Might call up HP sometime see if i can delete it.

HP Recommended

I stopped the spamming by deleting the "footprints" folder and creating a file called "footprints" with no extension and then set it to read only.

This is just a work around. HP should fix this as it 's wearing out the SSDs!

HP Recommended

This is sick. I upgraded my Omen Gaming Hub last night and used the pc for about 3 hours, and this morning I realised there is literally *2 MILLION* footage files. I managed to delete them and my pc spent like 20 minutes to do so. And within the 20 minutes there are 20 thousands new files...

Managed to stop this by duplicating a read-only "footprints" file 

HP Recommended

they updated omen gaming hub since then

but issue is still there

😑

HP Recommended

Sure here is the same problem, just before detected this spam folder. HP Omen 15 and also downloaded and installed the new Omen Gaming Hub, if you guess this is the cause of this problem.

HP Recommended

You also had loading CPU close to 20% all the time by process OmenCap.exe ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.