Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (356 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP OMEN 15 Gaming Notebook Upgrade

Product Name: Hp Omen
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi. I wanna ask about the HP OMEN 15 Gaming Notebook.
i understand that the only upgradable part in OMEN is the SSD storage. So the question is, can i put 1TB SSD in HP OMEN? is it compitable or not?
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP OMEN 15 Gaming Notebook Upgrade

Yes you can install a 1 TB M.2 SATA mSSD module in there BUT the access panel is ringed with a rubber "gasket" that has to be removed and will very likely get destroyed in the process and replacements are impossible to come by in the market. I had the 256 gig version of the Omen and I usually have no hestitation to open up a laptop, but I did not touch the Omen because I knew I could not find the gasket for sale anywhere. 

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (344 Views)

Yes you can install a 1 TB M.2 SATA mSSD module in there BUT the access panel is ringed with a rubber "gasket" that has to be removed and will very likely get destroyed in the process and replacements are impossible to come by in the market. I had the 256 gig version of the Omen and I usually have no hestitation to open up a laptop, but I did not touch the Omen because I knew I could not find the gasket for sale anywhere. 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (331 Views)

ok, thank you for the reply. the gasket thing also the one that im worried about.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation