Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dc1040nr

Hello
I have an issue with my HP OMEN 15-dc1040nr.
I tried to install Win 11 on my laptop but at first, before setup starts a message said that my laptop didn't meet the minimum requirements for Win 11.

After searching I found out that I have to enable secure boot from bios and to do that in my bios I have to disable legacy support so I did to enable secure boot.
and after restarting a black screen containing the following messages.

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk - (3FO)

F2 System Diagnostics

For more information etc,

For a moment I thought that maybe updating the bios may fix the problem so I updated the bios from HP official site but it changed nothing except I can't also set up Windows 10 because, during the Windows setup, this message appeared.

Windows cannot be installed on this disk. this computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer bios menu.

what are the instructions to setup Windows 11?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to clean install W11 by installing it from your EFI USB flash drive boot source so that Windows gets installed with the GPT partition table.

Then you will be able to turn on the secure boot setting.

If you don't want to lose any files currently installed on the hard drive then you can see this discussion for how to bypass the W11 hardware check to do an in-place upgrade from W10>w11.

You have to use the version of the Rufus utility that I zipped up and attached in the discussion (v3.18).

Re: Issues upgrading to windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8517912

If the in-place upgrade fails, you should be able to clean install W11 using the bootable W11 installation flash drive you made with Rufus.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to clean install W11 by installing it from your EFI USB flash drive boot source so that Windows gets installed with the GPT partition table.

Then you will be able to turn on the secure boot setting.

If you don't want to lose any files currently installed on the hard drive then you can see this discussion for how to bypass the W11 hardware check to do an in-place upgrade from W10>w11.

You have to use the version of the Rufus utility that I zipped up and attached in the discussion (v3.18).

Re: Issues upgrading to windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8517912

If the in-place upgrade fails, you should be able to clean install W11 using the bootable W11 installation flash drive you made with Rufus.

HP Recommended

Hello

Thank you for your support.

Everything is working fine now.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.