Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1068tx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello

last week I try to play VALORANT but it came up with error of secure boot and TPM 2.0 but I enable TPM2.0 and I operate window 11 but when I try to enable secure boot I can't I see many video to turn off fast boot from power option(after shut down window) and try to  Load HP Factory Default Keys but not able to load HP Factory key and I see a option of legacy boot is enable and secure boot turn off. My BIOS mode is UEFI some one plz help me to solve me this error. I also see that in my window defender Memory integrity option turn on so this a part of secure boot or not. Anyone have any solution of this problem so plz share it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Using an outdated version of Windows may be the reason you are getting the Valorant TPM Version 2.0 error.

You have to update to the latest Windows version to ensure that most bugs and issues are fixed. Here’s how to do it:

• Go the Settings app.
  • Click on Updates and Security > Windows Update.
  • If any updates are available, they will appear in a list on this page. Click on an update and follow the instructions to install it.

1. Turn off Automatic Boot For Discord

This might seem unbelievable at first, but it is one of the leading causes of this particular error on Valorant.

When Discord is allowed to launch at startup and run in the background, it might cause Valorant to display the TPM 2.0 error. Here’s how to disable it:

• Open Discord and click on the gear icon to open User Settings.
  • Click on Windows Settings from the sidebar.
  • Toggle off the Open Discord option.
  • Restart your computer and launch Valorant to check if the error is fixed.

2. Change Boot Mode to UEFI

• Some users have had success fixing the Valorant “This Build Of Vanguard Requires TPM version 2.0” error by changing the boot mode to UEFI in their BIOS settings.
  • To do it, restart your computer and enter BIOS. Now look for the Boot Mode option and change it to UEFI. Save the settings and restart your computer.

3. Delete Valorant and Install Again

• A number of users have suggested that deleting Valorant entirely and reinstalling it has fixed the issue.
  • This can be done by searching for Add or Remove Programs and opening it. From there, you will see all the programs installed on your computer. Look for Valorant in the list, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall.

Let me know the outcome of it.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @RAJPATEL28 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

From what I have understood, you are getting the secure boot and TPM-related errors on your system while playing VALORANT.

May I know if you get the error only while playing VALORANT?

Also, could you please share the error message you are getting so that I can understand the issue better?

May I know if the TPM and secure boot are enabled on your system?

Keep me posted. 

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

Please get back to us with the details so that we can assist you further.

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello,

Error say when I play VALORANT game is "This build of  vanguard requires TPM version  2.0 and secure boot to be enable  in order to play."

So I'm enable TPM 2.0 and update to window 11 but not able to turn on secure boot from BIOS I try all the method and turn off fast boot from power option and also try to restore HP keys from bios but not able to restore HP key from bios and not able to turn on secure boot.

so any new method we will try to turn on secure boot in my machine so I will try but safe method not any dangerous or unsecure method that harm to my laptop and my personal data which is lost  by using that method.

Note- I'm attach some images to look my system info and TPM detail so guys you can help me.

Thank you.system information.pngTPM.png

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Using an outdated version of Windows may be the reason you are getting the Valorant TPM Version 2.0 error.

You have to update to the latest Windows version to ensure that most bugs and issues are fixed. Here’s how to do it:

• Go the Settings app.
  • Click on Updates and Security > Windows Update.
  • If any updates are available, they will appear in a list on this page. Click on an update and follow the instructions to install it.

1. Turn off Automatic Boot For Discord

This might seem unbelievable at first, but it is one of the leading causes of this particular error on Valorant.

When Discord is allowed to launch at startup and run in the background, it might cause Valorant to display the TPM 2.0 error. Here’s how to disable it:

• Open Discord and click on the gear icon to open User Settings.
  • Click on Windows Settings from the sidebar.
  • Toggle off the Open Discord option.
  • Restart your computer and launch Valorant to check if the error is fixed.

2. Change Boot Mode to UEFI

• Some users have had success fixing the Valorant “This Build Of Vanguard Requires TPM version 2.0” error by changing the boot mode to UEFI in their BIOS settings.
  • To do it, restart your computer and enter BIOS. Now look for the Boot Mode option and change it to UEFI. Save the settings and restart your computer.

3. Delete Valorant and Install Again

• A number of users have suggested that deleting Valorant entirely and reinstalling it has fixed the issue.
  • This can be done by searching for Add or Remove Programs and opening it. From there, you will see all the programs installed on your computer. Look for Valorant in the list, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall.

Let me know the outcome of it.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for helping me in this error

But I'm afraid that reinstall game in not solve my problem and I check update and I install latest version of window 11 and turn off discord start boot but not resolve my problem. But I found a problem why this happen but I need your help to solve this problem. Plz check below images which I have a found a error 

1) In my BIOS setting you can see my Network boot protocol is IPv4 Legacy  so I can not change to turn on secure boot and how can I change that.

2) System config I don't know what change need in it but you look in that pic you found something that solve my problem.
so plz help me to change that legacy to secure boot to solve error and we solve the error and I change boot option to secure boot so can I turn off legacy option or just turn on both  boot Secure and legacy  turn on?IMG_20220603_122001.jpgIMG_20220603_121902.jpg

HP Recommended

Since it is happening only with the game, I would suggest you try reinstalling it.

Also, please note that if the issue still persists, I would suggest you contact the game support.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.