Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZohaibMalik
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen 15 Suddenly raising GPU Usage to 100% and dropping frames to 10 per second

HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been using this laptop for a year. I'm facing overheating issues along with performance issues! CPU used to get heated till 97*C and then I changed its power to 20watts and the problem got fixed. Now my GPU shows 100% usage while playing games even on medium settings while plugged in. It only drops frames while plugged in. While it doesn't create issue while unplugged and shows 30fps continuously. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,261 23,217 1,945 3,070
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen 15 Suddenly raising GPU Usage to 100% and dropping frames to 10 per second

Welcome to HP Community!

Click here for steps to resolve overheating issues, you could try reducing the resolution on the in-game settings and switch the windows settings to performance rather than visual effects to make a minor change, however, the game may heat up your PC, hence make sure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

I must let you know that its normal for a gaming PC to heat up, please go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, as almost all CPU on an Omen pc supports up to 100°C, for more accurate information, here's what I'll need:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ZohaibMalik
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Product number: 3UK57UA#ABA HP Omen 15 and it's not that I'm running very heavy games. They used to work fine. But now I don't know why it has started heating so much!! Also when I unplug my laptop it performs with 30fps straight whilst when plugged in it gives 10-15fps. with medium settings. It used to give 60fps on ultra settings!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,232 2,232 103 180
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ZohaibMalik

I understand your concerns.

Please contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
ZohaibMalik
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For Pakistan I don't know why any support isn't available!

0 Kudos
YoelChuyQ
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By any chance did you install razer synapse if so try uninstalling it worked for me on most of my games.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation