Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17 - w103ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Turning the Laptop on via the power button makes the light of the power button turn on and makes one of the two fans run. there is no picture on the screen and the light up keyboard doesnt light up. no external devices like mouse or keyboard do anything. tried unpluging the battery, see if the back light was broken and removed the hdd, still the same result. is there something else i could try?

Windows 10 (64bit)

HP OMEN 17 - w103ng

gtx 1060

i7

16 gb ram 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Try connecting it to an external screen or monitor to check if it shows anything there. If it does then your screen might be damaged.

Regards,

GCHAMP

HP Recommended

@sinneD_hafn

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP notebook display is not working, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

Let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The last time was last weekend i had it on over night and when i opened it the next morning the screan was frozen. So i turned it of via holding the power button, afterwards when trying to power it on the power light was glowing but there was no output on external monitors and connecting a rgb mouse also resultes in the mouse not lighting up the way it usually did. I haven#t done any driver updates the day before it broke. 

HP Recommended

There might be something fishy with the BIOS itself. Do get it checked to your local store and once more try getting it to open the BIOS. If your BIOS openes then it might be the Windows that's corrupted if not I don't know whats wrong with it so do get it checked.

HP Recommended

just tried but couldnt get into the bios, will go to the local it and pcs shop tomorow.

HP Recommended

im dealing with the same issue. from what ive read it could be that the Ram was burned out and it might need replaced. hp doesnt service my model anymore so i have to take it to local repair shop probably. keep me updated on your situation ty. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.