Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-w200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently after using my laptop wouldn't power off or respond to any key presses.  I removed the AC and Battery and eventually the laptop was able to power down, however since that time it does not power back on or respond to any key presses.

I've checked the AC Brick and the power output appears to be correct. 

I checked the service guides provided by HP, but there is a discrepancy there.  HP publishes two guides, one for models w001-w099 / w201-w299 and one for the w200. The odd thing is that the guide for my model does match the layout of the actual device, while the other manual does match.

That aside, I have also checked the DC In and it also appears to be transmitting the correct power.

From what I can tell, no power is getting past that point, let alone to the power button, which is connected via ribbon cable on the USB model and not directly on the motherboard.

At this point I am at a loss as to how to troubleshoot further.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Incredibly disappointed at HP that this laptop which is about 3.5 to 4 years old should already be dead. I expect this kind of planned obsolescence from their Ink Jet printers, but their laptops and desktops have been remarkably solid products for many years.  This was my third HP laptop in the last decade.  My older Pavilion D7 which is about 9 years old is still chugging away as is another slightly older model that I have.

For a high end gaming laptop to die this quickly it is upsetting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.