Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought my Omen 15 earlier this year in September and since then everything has been working great but today I logged on to do some gaming and noticed that the Omen Command Center (Now called the Omen gaming hub) no longer has the slider to control the fan speed. When doing some browsing on the HP forums I found a post listed just earlier today with the same issue and found that HP had removed it a while ago due to people overusing it (I might be wrong on this please correct me if I am).  From the info I could find I probably had an older version of the Command Center that still had it and when my system updated it was removed (again I might be incorrect). This is a problem for me because I often utilize this feature whenever I'm doing games to make sure my laptop stays cool. For example the online game Krunker.io would sometimes bring my CPU temp to high 80s or low 90s but with the fans set to the MAX option my CPU would sit at much more comfortable temperatures of mid 60s. I would really like to keep my CPU temperature under 85 if I can but without the ability to manually throttle the fans its very hard. If anybody can help with this I would be very grateful or if there is a way to roll back to a previous version of the Command Center.

SPECS

Processor:  AMD Ryzen 7 4800H

Graphics: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Memory: 16 GB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Evan_K 

Please check the following discussion

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Omen-command-center-issue/m-p/7871515#M35945

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Evan_K 

Please check the following discussion

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Omen-command-center-issue/m-p/7871515#M35945

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the help. The post that you linked was the original post I had read so I assume then that currently there is no way to throttle the fans manually through the Omen Command Center? If so I was looking for a better way to keep my CPU cool while gaming because the fans don't really throttle until I'm getting temperatures of mid to high 80s and I still reach 100 sometimes when playing games like Raft. I know its not good for my laptop to reach high temperatures and I would like to find an alternate way to keep the CPU cool if I cant set the fans to max. I know this is not from dust buildup because I have only had it for a few months. thanks

HP Recommended

Got omen gaming hub v 11.0.11.0 update now which brought back the max fan controls and new light studio option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.