Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
dc0051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I use Steam for most of my PC games (don't we all?).

However, none of my games from Steam show up in the HP Omen Command Center game launcher?  Which means I can't try to win any rewards, track game time, launch games from the launcher, etc. 

I am sure I'm not alone in using Steam for games, but has anyone figured out a way to populate the launcher with Steam games? 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I've put the word out and we will have to wait and see what happens.

HP Recommended

Thanks for that.

For what it's worth, I did a pretty exhaustive search because I assumed the Omen brand and Steam had both been around long enough to work well together, so to speak, and likely there would be a solution out there that would be relatively easy to find. 

Of course, it could literally be just me (albeit I doubt it), and Steam is more important to me than game time tracking and launching, but it does make me curious about other game services working as well, such as the Microsoft Game Pass, Origin etc. 

Note my manually installed games do show up in the launcher, albeit I only have 3 of those. Some Blizzard games showed up. 

HP Recommended

Something happened today as I was able to get more files to populate the drop down list. It included the individual Steam Games also!!! 😁

But I could not get the individual games from Uplay or Epic.

The Rep I spoke with said he understood it to be a known glitch, but he was sending in a request to the team/company in charge of that anyway. I don't know what will become of it, that team may or may not update us on the progress. Ill just have to wait and see.

HP Recommended

I was advised today that any issues with the OMEN Command Center, to use the Feedback button (bottom left corner of the command window) and put a comment in explaining what is happening. This is the fastest way to get the issue escalated to the software team in charge.

HP Recommended

I'll give that a shot.  

It's since gone back to literally not showing anything anymore in my games list, so I'm not sure what to think except that I still woul dlove to be able to use a launcher for my games.  Will update here if I get a response. Cheers!

HP Recommended

OK thanks. Im not sure if they will respond back or not. HP might just collect the data and work on the issue as they may. But if they write back, do let us know what is said. Yes this forum is not connected with any of those support departments, so we wont know what is communicated.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

All set-----I got it to generate the logs and sent them a fairly detailed email of my issues and frequency of them along with the log files from the app itself.  Fingers crossed----I've been playing more games on my Omen than I expected to already, so I'm hopeful for the command center.  

Thanks again mate, cheers!

HP Recommended

Spoke too soon--------the log files it created were too big so they never got my message...

"This message wasn't delivered to anyone because it's too large. The limit is 25 MB. This message is 26 MB."

HP Recommended

The log file is 1MB too large? Just my luck.

Ill ping someone I know and ask if there is something he might be able to do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.