Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Had exactly the same experience (my post is a bit earlier in the thread). The issue for the laptop is not the cooler but the extremely bad thermalpaste HP is using. 

When removing the factory paste it was hard and almost brittle (looked like dried toothpaste). 

My laptop has been running cool and quiet (reduced temps 20-25 degrees) since switching to Kryonaut coolingpaste. 

Running full tilt of course the fans are revving up but the cores never throttle and it is definately not louder than other similar gaminglaptops. Running office-stuff etc the fans barely turn or sometimes even turn off.

HP would save a lot of hassle for us customers and themselves fixing this during assembly!

HP Recommended

i've already attempted replacing the thermal paste, it only helps for so long, since I use my for continues High tier gaming it will overheat, HP doesn't have a solution, all they ask is video and photo evidence, then they request repair and if the issues still occur then they'll sent a replacement(which has been occuring for the last year because the laptop overheats wehn running the hardware at the quality it's supposed to handle). I'm about to get my 5th laptop in a year from hp's omen series

and for anybody that's gonna suggest thermal paste or undervolting the cpu. i will not, you know why? because i paid for a fully fucntional laptop not for one where I have to downgrade the preformance of the cpu and not recieve my money back for it.

HP Recommended

For everyone who is still having issues, I found a good solution is to click on your battery in the bottom right corner of your screen and then adjust it to better performance and then type in the bottom left edit power plan and click on it, then click on change advanced power settings and then click on Processor Power Management and then Maximum Processor State and change them to (on battery 50%) (Plugged In 85%) you can change these at your risk just be very careful and never set it at 100% the laptops power system starts going out of balance causing the heat to rise until your beautiful high dollar gaming laptop turns into a worthless puddle of plastic, fun to watch when its not yours XD.

HP Recommended

@FlashHacker that's literally undervolting your cpu that isn't a solution it's a work around I paid for full performance not 85% 

HP Recommended

that's undervolting and isn't a solution it's a work around, hp nor i consider that a solution, there really in no solution, liquid metal may damage the soder and will make no noticeable difference compared to proper undervolting

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.