Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1052nr

Hey everyone,

So recently my Omen laptop was struggling with slight lag while gaming and getting a little hot. I did the typical fan cleaning and everything but it still wasn’t getting better. My friend suggested doing a hard reset of the computer saying he’s done it to his a few times and it has fixed issues before. I backed up my files to my Google Drive and did a complete wipe of the computer. 

However, when it finished wiping it and tried to finally boot back up I got to a screen asking me to set my time/keyboard/country preferences. I did this and when hitting next got sent to a screen that reads “Why did my PC restart?” And hit next…. The computer then acts like it’s trying to boot and sometimes goes through a few screens with the Omen logo and says “Hi…. wait while we get important updates” and then goes right back to the first screen setting the time and everything. 

I’ve tried a bunch of things that have been suggested on how to fix this and none have worked so now I’m here hoping someone has a solution. I’ve tried a whole bunch of system recovery things and even going into the BIOS to adjust the boot options but nothing gets me anywhere. I’ve tried startup repair for disk errors and trying to reverse windows updates that might have caused the issue. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.