Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X2S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly my second display is not working 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @dixitmak

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the display issue.

To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

While you respond to that, follow the instructions below to turn on the second screen display -

Press the Second screen On/Off key on the keyboard for 4 seconds to turn the display on.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hii, 

i have the same issue, and didn't work, I pressed on it for 4sec, restarted my laptop, turn off and on, still didn't work

HP Recommended

Hi @taltooool

Thanks for getting back to us. Please try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Download and install the BIOS, Chipset drivers from this link

Let me know how that goes. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for support and for fast reply, but unfortunately it didn't work still, I also updates the BIOS and restarted, still the same.

just for info, when i'm checking the Setting\Display \Multiple Display , it says "didn't detect another display" not sure if its related.

thanks in advance Asmita

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @taltooool

Please try re-installing the operating system. Backup the data and try these steps - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.. did the step you wrote (except for reinstalling the system) and it still didn’t work.

have you found a solution to this issue yet?

thank and best regards 

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @RaeefAli

Please try these steps - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! I was also having the same issue which resulted in my graphics card not being detected but I found a solution that worked for me.

- Press Windows + X 

- Click on Device Management 

- Click on System Devices 

From there I saw that one of my drivers had an error icon next to it. All I did was update the drivers that needed to be updated from there and my second screen came back up. 

HP Recommended

Much better solution than reinstall the operating system, seems to be the only solution that is proposed in this support Forum.

I had the same issue and your information was fixing the Problem!

Thanks for sharing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.