Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@kevin-t what about my case? Will i get a PM as well?

HP Recommended

G'day guys,

I've just finished reading your posts, and it would appear that I have exactly the same symptoms. My computer seems to, stall, at random intervals for random periods of time.
I have not tried any of the troubleshooting that you guys have, and to be honest it sounds like a waste of time.

How exactly do you go about returning one of these laptops? Take it back to place of purchase and request an exchange?

Or when exactly, is a fix going to be given, if there will be one at all.

Cheers,

Hayden

HP Recommended

I think HP needs to provide a FIX ASAP, because the UEFI SystemDiag doesn't provide us with a single HW-Error even after countless loop 's - it has to be a driver problem!

Get this working HP!

HP Recommended

Well, you see, the thing is... that the issue does get temporarily fixed by a system refresh... and when you return the notebook, the first thing they are going to do, is do a system refresh to determine whether it is a hardware (in which case they will give you back your money) or a software (in which case they will just give you your "repaired" laptop back) issue. See the beauty of it? At least, that's how it works in Czech Republic...

I'm starting to feel lucky, that my laptop has other issues as well, because that means I will be able to return it even if this one doesn't show up...

Well, anyway, good luck guys... 

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,
I bought the HP Omen in March in Italy. 
Now I'm facing this fun error many times per day and I'm with you expecting a fix ASAP.

I sent the laptop to Europe HP Assistance TWICE.
The first time they changed the SSD with no success and a system refresh.
The second time they did a SYSTEM REFRESH. Tnks techs, I was able to do it on my own without losing 10days waiting.

I tried several 'solutions' found on Google, WITH NO SUCCESS:

http://www.nxhut.com/2015/01/storahci-id-129-reset-to-device.html
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/ZBook-15u-G2-freezes-event-ID-129-storah...
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/fa9f69d6-ba08-4895-a2bb-4741c05d5fbf/window...

http://scottiestech.info/2012/09/01/windows-8-freezes-or-hangs-the-fix-that-worked-for-me/
He resolved it managing with “hot swap" in BIOS, but, you know, we can just turn off/on fans with our BIOS 😐

I agree with sharing any kind of informations if you need them.

Tnks,
Davide

HP Recommended

@Gorghino - I did that - and much more, the freezes are still there. Google often says it is solved either by Update's of Bios, Chipset, or enabling Hot-Plug in BIOS - or an Firmware Update of the SSD.

Sandisk told me via E-Mail, that we have custom made SSD's, specially made for the HP Omen, and that there will be no FW Update as this is "a problem of HP" and i should contact them.

So @HP would you please present us a way out of this swap of Freeze's? I affects a lot of users...

If you do not want to enable the Hidden features of the BIOS such as Hotplug, why not upload a BIOS Update for us - in which HOT-Plug is enabled so that we can test it?

Greetings... and i Hope for a quick fix...

HP Recommended

Would the issue still occur if you uninstall Intel Rapid Storage Driver from the system?  (Control Panel > Program and Feature > Uninstall)

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
HP Recommended

Hi,

Isse still occurs even if RST is deinstalled - tried a while ago. I'm still waiting for a word from Hp. It's getting ridiculus. Ignoring us?

HP Recommended

@JJLuvzU

HP Recommended

I actually just started having this issue a few weeks ago when I did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 after not being able to use Windows 10 with my DJ equipment.

If I had to guess, deleting your recovery partition is a HUGE NO NO (obviously) because there may be something in there that is required for the SSD to function 100%, and not having a proper factory recovery (I just ordered one for the Omen....$52 worth of BS but whatever) means you're lacking something that prevents this issue.

This issue literally happens at least twice every few hours, at most four times every few hours.  THIS IS HIGHLY UNACCEPTABLE as I use my laptop for DJ gigs and I absolutely cannot have my laptop freeze during 6-hour gigs.  I'm going to try the Windows refresh option to see how that works, and if not then the factory recovery, then if not that then swap out the SSD (256GB isn't big enough anyway).

It sounds like to me HP has their own firmware they use for the custom SSD that isn't available ANYWHERE on the site.  So hopefully this fresh recovery will solve the issue.  If not, a new SSD should.  And if THAT doesn't work, I'm selling this POS and getting a Macbook for my DJ needs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.