Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi! Could you please repost the file? The link is expired. Thanks

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you so much! Yes, freezings are still happening, even if less frequently and with shorter duration. I've already tried the power setting solution in the past, and it worked perfectly, now i had to format my pc so i have to do the procedure again.

HP Recommended

Has this problem been solved? I also have an Omen computer and am suffering hangs as described. It is extremely frustrating. 

I am not the best with computer IT so can anyone point me at what I need to do to solve this?

Thanks

HP Recommended
Did you update your SSD firmware?
You have to downdload it from HP driver support webpage.
HP Recommended

No I have not downloaded any SSD firmware. Has this been identified as a solution? Do you have a link? I have been doing a search of the internet for this problem and it looks like this is a major issue with this machine. This is absolutely unacceptable for a machine that cost me nearly 2000 euros. Surely HP have sought out a solid solution for this by now?

HP Recommended

You're luckier than us because we spent almost a year in order to debug this problem and this was fixed with the new SSD firmware.

My Omen is a 15-5003nl. Yours?
Go to https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers and put your model version there.
Choose Windows 10 64 bit and you will find a firmware tab with "SanDisk SSD for SSD PCIe firmware update", ver. A200906 Rev.A.

Install it and check if the laptop hangs again.

HP Recommended

I installed the firmware and it now seems to be running very well. I have not seen a freeze so far. Thanks very much! This was really annoying and not the sort of thing you should expect from such an expensive machine. I am so glad it is running well now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.