Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0044nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0044nl  both get stuck while playing fortnite, with any video configuration. You hear a trrrr and then everything gets stuck, forcing me to hold down the shutdown button to turn it off. What can I do? I ran all the diagnostic tests, everything ok. Absurd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@frankcilo, thank you for the update.  This is why I mentioned heat in my post.  Heat can cause many issues.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@frankcilo , welcome to the forum.

There are two possible situations that could cause your symptoms: 1) your Internet connection is not working properly or 2) the laptops are getting too hot and this causes them to freeze.  These would be likely if you are not having this problem while you are not gaming online.

HP Recommended

The temperature seems good, the connection is certainly often slow, but well the same room we are playing in 2 with the same connection, the other msi laptop never stops. Why should the connection lock the laptop like this?

HP Recommended

@frankcilo, it is difficult to know why one laptop will freeze and another one will not.  Most likely it could be the wireless adapter that is installed in each laptop.  Also, the distance from the router can be a factor.

HP Recommended

solved: it was just a pressing of temperature, because by installing an additional fan under the laptop, the problem no longer occurs

HP Recommended

@frankcilo, thank you for the update.  This is why I mentioned heat in my post.  Heat can cause many issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.