Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-ch054na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this problem since first using my laptop which is the HP Spectre x360 with Radeon Vega M GL graphics. While playing a game Windows OS comes up with a blue screen, starts collecting data then reboots. The error code is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (ATIKMPAG.SYS) which I understand is an issue with an AMD graphics driver.

Also while playing games such as DRL the game runs very poorly the screen is constantly freezing then catching up with itself even at 1920 x 1080 resolution and it isn't even fully utilising the CPU or GPU so there is no reason the game should be lagging as I have a laptop from 2014 that can run the game just fine with the same vram and an older CPU. The GPU even delays on playback of video content.

I hoped that downloading driver updates would help but it hasn't.

i have read on previous posts that this is a common problem and it's actually caused by a faulty motherboard and that hp should replace it for free i was wondering if anyone has had to send it back for repair

Cheers Phil

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

If anyone has any suggestions on how to stop the error code  VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (ATIKMPAG.SYS)  that would be great.

HP Recommended

@shaps122

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is freezing, and you are getting an error when you play games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The computer that you have is not designed for gaming. However, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

BIOS: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111004.exe

AMD: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85465.exe

Intel: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp87001-87500/sp87259.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette 

I updated the BIOS and the AMD drivers but the Intel driver gave me this message! I'm guessing I should keep the new newer driver i already have?

140298164_891787158299734_1147898712474375425_n.jpg

HP Recommended

after updating the bios and amd my computer still BSOD after 10 mins of gameplay and or viewing a movie

HP Recommended

@shaps122

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

unfortunately, I cannot see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed after following your steps.

HP Recommended

@shaps122

Help me with your region (Country) in a private message and I will share the contact information.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am also facing same problem, If you found any solution please let me know! Thanks in Advance

HP Recommended

Hi I haven't found a solution yet. Please let me know if you have any luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.