Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-s0000 (76T53AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I set my fan speed to manuel and something like 3500 RPM on the omen gaming hub but sometimes when I am playing games  all of a sudden it just jumps to 5000 RPM and stays there. I change it to auto and back to manuel but nothing happens. Im most of the time in a dorm room so 5000 is way too loud. The CPU doesnt even get that hot. It gets to like max 80-85 degrees celsius when its on like 3500 but i think when it gets to that number the fans just jump to 5000 no matter what i set it to. Is there a fix to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are normally two fans.

If you have the Victus with the NVidia graphics chip then they work together and cool both the CPU and the GPU.

The motherboard can report temperature as well as the graphics chip.  It is likely the temperatures are too high.

To mitigate the heat problem you should use a laptop cooler.

If you do not have the NVidia version of the Victus, then prevent the CPU from running in turbo mode.

Enter the phrase 'edit power plan' in the window search box
Then select the 'Advanced' tab

BeemerBiker_0-1715506823385.png

To keep the CPU out of turbo mode, use %99 instead of %100

Use a much lower number, maybe %50,  if running on battery only.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There are normally two fans.

If you have the Victus with the NVidia graphics chip then they work together and cool both the CPU and the GPU.

The motherboard can report temperature as well as the graphics chip.  It is likely the temperatures are too high.

To mitigate the heat problem you should use a laptop cooler.

If you do not have the NVidia version of the Victus, then prevent the CPU from running in turbo mode.

Enter the phrase 'edit power plan' in the window search box
Then select the 'Advanced' tab

BeemerBiker_0-1715506823385.png

To keep the CPU out of turbo mode, use %99 instead of %100

Use a much lower number, maybe %50,  if running on battery only.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I have Nvidia RTX 4060 as a graphics card and I already have a laptop cooler. I will try to battery plan see if it makes a differrence.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.