Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I realize HP is the last place I should look for help to remove their HSA virus...but...I'll try anyway. I attempted to remove the HP bloat and spyware that came installed on the Omen laptop  I bought recently. According to HP support articles I uninstalled the HSA and the completely pointless Omen Command Center through Programs and Features.

HOWEVER...

A recent afternoon I stepped away from my laptop for a few minutes and when I came back the fans were screaming like the computer was farming bitcoins or something...A quick look at running programs and **bleep** the HP spyware is running, but I thought I uninstalled it...so I look for it programs and features...nope nothing there but its still @#$%ing running....

So I figure next best thing, I'll just stop the service and disable it from starting up...now I have to do this every few days because HP in their underhanded attempts to pull a Facebook and harvest my information for whatever evil nefarious purposes continues to resart this **bleep** "service."

At this point it should be obvious that I want this off my machine. I did not agree to it being installed and there was no way for me to know that this would be installed or to know the terms until AFTER I already purchased this device.  Thank you HP but with these tactics I can honestly say that I will NEVER buy ANY of your products again and I will advise everyone I know to avoid HP as well.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Charlesufarley

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, they did contact me. However, the serial number/model number, etc is not on the device. I'm sure its somewhere inside and I am not going to open it to hunt around for it. It is an HP Omen and after looking at other Omens in the local stores they ALL have the HP Omen Command center and HP HSA. So not having my specific serial number is not relevant to the issue of dealing with HP's Spyware.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.