Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dh1070wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After running the hardware diagnostic tests from the BIOS, windows memory diagnostics tool, turns out there is a memory failure in one of the RAM sticks and the support website directed me to go to the nearest service center only to find that they cant do anything as per HP policy since I hadn't purchased the laptop from a local dealer?

I've purchased my laptop from UAE and I live in Egypt, and the warranty period hasn't even ended, Ive just got the pc and it's unusable, always crashes, always restarting, yet I cant fix it here?

HP worldwide limited warranty and technical support? for real?

I am really disappointed and I will never buy anything from HP again, I will recommend my friends to do the same. I tried contacting support to no avail.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kahla47 

Looks like you bought your OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dh1070wm machine in the US, from Walmart perhaps therefore you have to send it back to the US for repair because your machine is sold and supported in Egypt.  More info

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpr01266

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Every computer manufacturer has the same customer service as HP so you can buy Acer, Toshiba or Asus and end up like with a HP because you bought the computer in a different country(different country means a different model or models of the same type of computer) and it's the seller who is responsible for the warranty and not the manufacturer because only the seller knows if the computer is still in warranty. Anyone who can afford a gaming laptop/computer should be able to afford a memory upgrade or a replacement warranty or not. Get a new memory stick. The time you spend on this silly issue is not worth waiting for a replacement stick anyway. 

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.