Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 ax-002nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have already tried to message nvidia support and post on their forums but found no luck there. So first let me share the whole story just in case there might be something important here. This happened in december 2019, I was playing a game, payday 2 to be exact and it crashed, nothing unexpected there so after reopening the game i have decided to update the mods for the game because i was modding it. Then after the update i played just fine until the laptop froze, it was pretty unusual because i have never had a laptop freeze like that no matter what game i played and on top of that the sound was frozen too and it just played this loud noise. So then i thought it was issue with pd2 itself so i went and played other game, overwatch, shortly after same freezing happened. I thought it must have been issue with all games then so i stopped playing them and instead went to search up the issue, again the laptop froze, it eventually got so bad the laptop froze even on windows start up just before logging in, it wouldnt freeze on hp start up though. Then after roughly 5 full windows reinstalls later the nvidia stopped working completely. I tried a lot of things, updating drivers, uninstalling them in safe mode with DDU, then updating again to different more stable version, then id end up getting bsod. Until eventually device manager gave me error 43 with yellow triangle next to nvidia. After that the only time i managed to get nvidia to actually look like its working was to unplug the cord and hold power button for roughly 5 seconds or so and then turning the laptop on, then yeah nvidia would show up as working however after plugging the cord back in, it would freeze yet again and i have to force shutdown it only to be greeted by error code 43 again on next start up. My battery is pretty weak so i could get nvidia to work for only very short time, talking in seconds maybe a minute at best which made me open up the laptop to see whats inside and i havent noticed anything bad in particular besides the battery itself being very swollen, since then i have ordered new battery and i am waiting for it to arrive but until then id like to finally find out what happened and what caused the nvidia to stop working. Thank you very much for any help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Terri81, Welcome to HP Support Community!

We shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.