cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgzva24
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP omen 15 laptop random 3-5 seconds lag (audio stuttering, display lag)

HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since the day i used the laptop, i've been experiencing random 3-5 seconds lag (audio stuttering, display lag) then just disappears. Just the past weeks, i knew that it wasn't normal. What should i do for this? I owned the laptop for 10 months now and it's really annoying when it happens. What is the possible fix for this?

Omen Laptop - 15 - en0023dx

Product number : 2V927UA

3 REPLIES 3
SomelOguh
Level 7
Level 7
1,165 1,159 65 133
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

When you experience those lags, what are you doing with the notebook, gaming or during any other type of usage? What devices do you have connected externally? I said, since the day you used the unit, do you mean since the time you bought it or recently you are seeing this problem? When the problem happens, do you know the CPU and GPU temperature of the notebook? You can open OMEN Gaming Hub and check the temperatures, to see if it  could be related to temperatures? Do you have your AC Adapter plugged in? Do you have a performance control menu in OMEN Gaming Hub? Can you tell me what is the BIOS version installed on your unit and the GPU driver version? The way you describe the problem, we need more details to understand what is causing the problem, so try to provide the anwsers for the questions above. 

Hugo M. Lemos
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
pgzva24
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i experience the lags randomly(fps drop, audio stutter, display delay), when im gaming, surfing the net, netflix, ms office tasks, etc. even if it is plugged in or not. i saw a similar problem here but it didn't fix it. I had it since the time i bought it and i thought it's normal since it only happens for a short time. 

I always update my BIOS and GPU drivers whenever there are new updates. 

This post is I think similar to mine https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Sudden-FPS-drop-every-few-seconds-while-gaming/m-p/79... but it didn't fix my laptop.

SomelOguh
Level 7
Level 7
1,165 1,159 65 133
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

What are the games you are playing? The FPS, when they drop, they drop to what value? Can you play in window mode and check CoreTemp and Gpu-Z and monitor the CPU and GPU temperatures? We need to understand if there is a thermal throttling happening maybe, or during gaming you can check also when the frames are dropping if there are any backgrounds apps causing the problem. 

What is the current BIOS version, GPU version you have installed? 

What games are you playing and what games have you tested? 

In OMEN Gaming Hub, is there a performance tab or what options do you see there? 

Install CoreTemp and GPU'Z, this last one has a sensor tab, you can monitor GPU temperatures and with CoreTemp you can monitor CPU temperatures per core and we can see the load and their temperatures and if FPS are dropping we can see if they are related to temperature, if not, something else is causing the problem.

Hugo M. Lemos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation