Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an108nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

I finally have to time to ask you for a help with HPCommRecovery.exe. Every time I boot into W10 and I go to Maintenance and Reliability History, I see HPCommRecovery.exe has stopped working. May I ask you for a help how to solve that issue, please? Without disabling its service and so on 🙂 Thank you in advance.

Message from Maintenance and Reliability History:

Spoiler
Source
CommRecovery

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎12/‎26/‎2018 10:57 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\HPCommRecovery\HPCommRecovery.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:    HPCommRecovery.exe
Problem Signature 02:    2.0.15.0
Problem Signature 03:    5baddfe7
Problem Signature 04:    System.Management
Problem Signature 05:    4.7.3190.0
Problem Signature 06:    5b6947cb
Problem Signature 07:    8a
Problem Signature 08:    51
Problem Signature 09:    PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
OS Version:    10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    1051
Additional Information 1:    c845
Additional Information 2:    c8458de3129ac310566f5f5edb271f67
Additional Information 3:    700b
Additional Information 4:    700bd90c22ae1f7fbfa586261e2303d8

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    47c42f2bb2d47f6d06a6f71ad145f62a (1632263609520617002)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jakoja

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you're experiencing "hpcommrecovery.exe is usually located in the 'c:\program files\hpcommrecovery\' folder.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
hpcommrecovery exe has stopped working" error message, 

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Could you please share the screenshot of error message?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you @Echo_Lake for your reply.

- I attach screenshots of Reliability history (I delete it once per week as these red notifications really annoy me :)). HPCommRecovery.exe erros in reliability history appears there since day 1 I got this laptop. Hard for me to tell if it works or not, everytime i boot laptop I see new error. When I check running services and program, I see HPCommRecovery.exe is up and running. So I don't know 🙂

- no SW/HW changes have been made. Using latest drivers, Win 10 updates.

- it has happened since I opened laptop @day1

01.PNG02.PNG03.PNG04.PNG05.PNG

Thank you again for trying to help me out 🙂

HP Recommended

@jakoja

Thank you for posting back. 

I understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/PrivateMessage_Question3

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Jakoja,

I am having the same problem. Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Regards,

Alex Goh.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm also seeing this issue.  Can you help?  I captured the info from the first time the issue appears.  I may have done a disk cleanup around that same time and deleted earlier log files so this may not be the first event.  I can provide info from the other instances as well if you would like.  

HP sceenshot 16Oct2019.jpgHP sceenshot 16Oct2019 - 2.jpgHP sceenshot 16Oct2019 - 3.jpgHP sceenshot 16Oct2019 - 4.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.