Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-DC0508NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I had to reset my laptop because I received the blue screen when updating windows. After the reset I noticed that my laptop would heat up more than it used to when playing games. I changed my power plan to the one I had before the reset, updated drivers but nothing changed. I even tried undervolting with Intel XTU but that didn't help either. I cleaned the dust from the vents nothing changed... The temperatures still reached 95°C when playing games... BUT when I unplugged my laptop computer cooled down and stayed bellow 70°C while playing the same games with the same settings... I understand that battery heats up when it's charging but my computer never heated up as much as after the reset...  😔

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just did another reset and temperatures stay around 70-75 while gaming. I guess a reset can solve problems cause by reset too 😅

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Did you install the latest BIOS? Also, download Omen Command Center and set "Fan Speed" to Max: Does the issue persist?

Of course when you unplug, the temperature will go down because the CPU clock throttles down to save energy - less heat is generated as a result. But you SHOULD be able to play comfortably plugged-in, not unplugged.

HP Recommended

Yes I have the latest BIOS installed. The Omen command center doesn't have an option to change fan speeds (at least mine doesn't) you can only choose one of three Performance controls (Comfort, Default and Performance)

I guess what I should really do is change thermal paste... That seems to have help a lot of people online... 😕

Thanks for responding 🙂

HP Recommended

I just did another reset and temperatures stay around 70-75 while gaming. I guess a reset can solve problems cause by reset too 😅

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.