Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi needing some help my daughter turned off her omen gaming laptop at night and when she switched on the following night she could not get it to connected back on to the internet it’s only a couple of years old and me not being computer clever am stuck have tried troubleshooting but says put in Ethernet cable but not sourced on yet anyone had the same issue

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Marko1510,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As I understand, Wi-Fi is not connecting, I believe steps might belong that should fix the issue.  

Apologies for all the inconvenience, inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

There can be a number of reasons for Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows, some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
  • Missing updates.
  • Network connection settings.
  • Hardware or software problems.
  • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
  • Interference with other devices.

A wireless network router has a limited broadcast range. The further the computer is from the router, the weaker the broadcast signal. Solid objects, such as walls, metal furniture, and electrical appliances might interfere with the signal and decrease the usable range.

Follow the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

Try these steps and see if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X.
  2. Click on Device manager.
  3. Check if the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled.
  4. Right click on it and click on "Uninstall."
  5. Exit Device manager, restart your computer.
  6. Check the issue.

Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

The Network Adapter troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the adapter in the computer for any known issues and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
  • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
  • Click on “Network Adapter”.
  • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
  • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.