Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-dc1013nu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my HP OMEN started increasing high CPU temperatures(97-98 degrees) and the freaquency constantly keep 4GHz in every situatiin(Gaming, working and also in idle). What can i do to lower this temperatures? I am thinkin about undervolt the CPU, because the notebook is still in warranty and i cant open it to change the thermal paste, but i dont know how to do it. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Maximovv , welcome to the forum.

Here is guide for Omen Command Center: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05387497

You should look to see what features your model has available.  It shows that you have Performance Control with Thermal Control.  This may solve your problem.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

The notebook is alwayn on Performance mode, but i think i dont have Thermal control.

HP Recommended

@Maximovv 

It may be different in your Country.  The only other suggestion that I have is download the latest version of Omen Command Center to see if it has the Thermal Control.  Otherwise, you may want to buy a Cooling Pad.

HP Recommended

I am using latest Coomand Center. Also using cooling pad but there is no difference when the pad is on or off. The temperatures are same.

HP Recommended

@Maximovv 

This is a difficult one to diagnose.  If the cooling pad is not making a difference and I don't believe that you can under-volt your processor in the BIOS/UEFI, you may have to open the case to change the thermal paste.  Also, make certain that you keep all of the vents clean.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.