Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck1000 (509V7AV)

I bought a brand new hp omen for gaming but it has overheating issue. When I play an AAA games that use PC's all performance like, COD Warzone, Ac Odyssey, High on Life etc., Its cpu temperature goes up to 100 and it hibernates. When I turn on my pc back I can only continue to play for ten or twenty minutes more and it hibernates again. So, It's useless. 

I have a warranty and sent it to the service for twice! They say that they run some tests and couldn't find any hardware problem! They run some 3D demo apps first time! Second time they claimed  they played games to find the issue but again they couldn't spot one! Either they didn't play enough or they are lying. 

I don't know what to do. This is an expensive pc and the service won't fix it. I'm literally scammed. 

It's new. When I opened package It was already like it so no dusts on fan etc.  First time I played a game it hibarnated because of high heat. 

It was freedos I installed windows and drivers. All drives are downloaded from official hp website. 

I updated the bios on the same day I opened the bag. It was f03 and I installed f04. 

My pc has 32GB RAM i7-12800HX Nvidia RTX3070Ti 

165hz 2k screen! 

This is the picture after I turned it on back from high heat hibernation. As you can see maximum cpu values are 100 and red. 

9F4929379F7C4F358552AF54F034CED6.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@behesti,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

How comfortable are you to replace the thermal paste of your laptop's GPU and CPU? -Of course, your laptop is still under warranty, and you shouldn't (yet) have to worry about it.  My suggestion is to again reach out to HP's warranty department, and nudge them to do a better job than the last time around.

I have had good results from cleaning & replacing the thermal paste like as shown in this DIY YouTube video: (21) HP Omen Getting Too Hot | How To Cool Down HP Omen Laptop - YouTube.

But as mentioned, as long as your laptop is under warranty, the GPU/CPU temps you mentioned are unacceptable and should be addressed by HP -in my User's opinion, that is.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer. I already sent it twice and nudged them. They keep saying that there isn't any problem. I called the seller that I bought pc from and they said that since my computer is new I can also send my pc to distributor. I will also try them.

Another problem is and I think this is a global issue when I said them that they should play some games for 3-4 hours they told  they don't have a procedure like this and they don't have to play any games to test my pc. But what they do is just run some 3d demos and hp diagnosis software. I already told them thousand times games and that test apps are not the same. 

From now on I'll also try distributer's service. I'll write a not that says they should play games for 3-4 hours. And if that also fails I'll appeal to consumer arbitration committee. And even then they find me unjust I'll apply the thermal paste and just hope that it'll work.

Even under your YouTube video people complain about heat issue. This is last time I'm buying an HP laptop. All these processes tire me.

I'm disappointed in HP 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.