Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I've got an issue with my OMEN laptop whereby the memory utilisation is running at 66% (5.3GB/8GB) upon startup - it is a pretty clean system, the only programmes installed are basically Steam, Chrome, EpicGames with maybe 10 games installed.

Is it normal for memory utilisation to be this high when no programmes are running (i.e. at start up) - I'm not sure if this has changed post the latest update, but when I tried to play a game it was running significantly slower than before. I've also updated all drivers.  

Thanks for any help, let me know if I need to share any diagnostics etc but am no expert!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Greysmarty 

Please check in Task Manager to see which one(s).

mem top.png

This could be due to iGPU takes up for VRAM too.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.