Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion gaming 15-ec1052ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp pavilion gaming 15-ec1052ax which has ryzen 5 4600h + gtx 1650, 

I checked my bios setting but no additional setting were there  for switchable graphics , as i want switch it from hybrid to discrete, then i tried looking in every amd software (radeon software, catalyst , amd system moniter ) but no clue where to change so.

later tried going to device manager -> then display adapters -> and also tried disabling amd graphics but it did not swtiched to nvidia... got worse so switched back to default ...

please help ...need that boost desperately!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @haRT9224 

Are you gaming on the battery only? This can cause the system to auto switch to integrated as to save power and reduce heat. Its best to game while plugged in to get the best performance. You can change the system to use the NVIDIA card, but it still wont perform as well as if plugged in.

To alter the auto switching feature of Optimus Graphics (formerly switchable graphics), You do so in the NVIDIA control panel, not the AMD Catalyst.
From there, go to Manage 3D settings.
If you want the NVIDIA card always on, choose the Global Settings tab.
Set the Power Management to Prefer maximum performance.

global settings.JPG

HP Recommended

NO offence but I am a competitive player , so i do know about all nvidia controol panel settings , its akready to max ....

let me get straight to point...my friend has lenovo legion y540 -i5 +gtx1650

he just opened his bios then switched to discrete graphics from hybrid ... result - from 120 fps in valorant to 300+

i tried finding it in bios but no advanced setting in bios ....+ in forums amd radeon graphics software had that switchable option but mine doesnt ...i really need that gaming fps hike for my career.

also i have updated every drivers (from device manager to every  graphics and bios )

please help

HP Recommended

No offense taken, but I have no way of knowing what it is you know, I can only go off of what you originally posted.  Everyone who comes here are on different levels of experience, so I have to be as thorough for everyone as I can. 😉

There is no bios setting in an HP to switch graphics cards. HP Bios is very locked down.

While the game is running, did you look in the Task Manager to see which GPU is running that application to verify its actually running on the AMD integrated and not the NVIDIA card? The GPU engine column will give you the GPU number under Processes tab, the Performance tab will tell you which number is for which GPU.

Only other thing I can think of is to try Windows Settings > System > Display > Graphic Settings and set the individual App options for High Performance.

HP Recommended

It that is still not helping, you will need to contact HP Support directly for a warranty issue.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

This forum is not directly linked with HP Support, it is a separate service. The link provided will take you directly to HP employees.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.