Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Gaming 15-ec0101AX Ryzen 5 3550H
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have some queries. Multiple questions and I need help.

Please let me tell you about issues first.

So I bought my laptop very recently and this is Ryzen 5 3550H model. I noticed that the display is very greyish. The display turns brighter only when the charger is plugged on. It turns darker again the moment I take the charger out.  I have used an Intel i5 9th gen model before. That display doesn't work like that.

A friend of mine told me to switch off the "Adaptive Battery Optimser".   I Googled how to do that and checked this community for the answer. It says to press F10 button just after restarting/starting the laptop. 

The thing is I can not open the HP computer service pressing F10. I tried F2, F12 too but none are working. 

• Is the system not available in this model?
  • Is there any other way I can see that?
  • Any other issue that can be the cause of such screen?

Any help is utmost appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Subinita, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The below link contains a self-help document for the Microsoft

Link:Change screen brightness in Windows 10

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.