Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My brother gave me his laptop and the trackpad is not working since he bought it.

I tried every driver, fix I could find but nothing works. The trackpad is not appearing anywhere, not in bios not in drivers, or windows settings.

I am on bios F.22 and I saw that there is a F.32 bios.

Could this be a faulty trackpad from factory, or may the bios update solve the issue ?

And is undervolt locked on F.32, or I can still do it ?

I have the OMEN by HP 17-cb0002ng with 9th gen intel 9750h

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Florin-ValentinWelcome to HP Community!

I understand that Hp Omen 17 trackpad problem and undervolt.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please update the BIOS F.32 and check. Most fixes are available on the new BIOS update.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for the time.

I updated the bios to the latest version.

I checked every windows/ drivers update, I'm up do to date on all

What I did this morning, I took apart my laptop, disconected the battery and started the laptop pluged in. The trackpad worked.

Shut down the laptop, put everything back, booted and the trackpad didn't work again.

I tried to do the same thing again but it did not work anymore.

Do you have any idea what is going on ? Is this a faulty trackpad or is there something else I should try ?

HP Recommended

@Florin-Valentin

I understand your concerns. 

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can contact a local service center for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.