Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen

Since 2005 I've always depended on an Hp Laptop. Some came with remotes and this last one was such a beauty to look at. I bought it over knowing it had all the options I needed it to complete  daily activities and run a small business. The computer  quickly began  having an issue with the hinge. The u unusual stiffness and other mechanisms I cant explain lead to a crack in frame and somehow is effecting the screen to have faded or blank areas.  This Laptop only had 25%of my usual workload with other HP LAPTOPS.  Every time I used the laptop now, it is drastically  loosing it's  ability to handle any workload. I put it down for some time now and barely open it. My productivity is at an all time low. I was looking to buy another laptop and was torn between repairing this laptop. I see the new series Omen has a single hinged design. Upon more research, I see that my laptop design is definitely  Defective!

What are my Options? I know I'm way past warranty but no one could tell me ahead of time that a gaming Hp laptop could not last 2years  living a decent life. 

1. I would like to send it back and get an upgraded version.

2. Please somebody reach out because I need a laptop yesterday and cant afford the next choice not to live up to the quality  I was used  to.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @D-West

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have had the same issue. I purchased my Omen 17t about 2-3 years ago and have been treating it with so much care that I am shocked the hinges are fractured and broken in this way. It is the most basic feature a laptop should have: to open and close (under normal wear) without the hinges getting broken!

After some research and looking at the hinge mechanism, it is obviously a design defect on the HP's side, and the complaints are only growing. This is why the new series has adapted a single middle hinge! I don't know what to do since the hinge brackets are so costly to replace (not the parts but replacing them), and it only makes me more furious that this is not even my fault and has been a known defect with these laptops. I have been a loyal HP customer, but not issuing a recall for these defective laptops is extremely unprofessional...

HP Recommended

@TheChosen77 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same issue, my right hinge had broken and it caused that my upper cover also. Im out of warranty but is there any chance that you can possibly help me with my problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.