Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17 cb0002nt (6ZL17EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

20190722_005458.jpg

I bought a new Hp Omen 17 cb0002nt (6ZL17EA) freedos laptop and then i installed windows 10 and all drivers, Omen Command Center app, other hp apps whatever laptop needs but i encountered with a problem. Hp omen button (as the picture above) is not working. Normally, the button's function is opening Omen Command Center but when i pressed the button, there is no response. My questions, Can i fix this problem myself or going to service? Unless can i use this button with different commands like using macro keys?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Celluki 

There are few users including me have similar problem. Because I close my machine 100% therefore I do not really care about it but our member suggested

1. Update BIOS to latest version available either by using HP Support Assistant or getting from HP Support
2. Uninstall Omen Command Center from Apps and Features
3. Restart
4. Install OMEN Command Center from the Windows Store
5. Restart
6. Run Windows Updates (this will verify if any supplemental needs are completed)
7. Restart if updates are done.
8. Test OMEN Command Center button for functionality.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thanks for your reply. I followed and applied your solutions step by step without a hitch but it still isn't working. And also, I tried two times and gave permission for app's background activity. Even key editer programs didn't recognize this key but still i think the key isn't broken, this problem results from software.

HP Recommended

@Celluki 

Looks like this is a common problem and no fix up to this point.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Omen-Command-Center-Button-Not-Working-after-windows-...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, it is not a big deal for me if it was working, i probably wouldn't use so much this key; but the annoying thing is if i can't use this key, why i am seeing on the keyboard, why hp added this key?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.