Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15ce002nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, i want to buy a new bigger monitor or i ll connect to my 4k tv.

but the problem is;

hdmi specs didnt written in specs.

Is it hdmi 1.4 or 2.0 ?

and minidisplayport is it 1.2?

can anybody help me with it?

i tried with normal hdmi cable (i think its 1.4 cable) and rainbowsixsiege ran at 60fps on tv and monitor. 

If 15ce002nt grx1060 6gb model hdmi is 2.0 i ll buy a better cable to try or minidisplayport

Waiting for reply. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @WiSeRTurk, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you would like to know the display resolution and Hz when you connect a monitor or a TV to the mini display port.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

DP and miniDP are more or less the same standards with different connections. You should not have an issue as long as your graphics card on your laptop is capable of outputting the necessary FPS.

Mini DisplayPort can drive display devices with resolutions up to 2560×1600 (WQXGA) in its DisplayPort 1.1a implementation, and 4096×2160 (4K) in its DisplayPort 1.2 implementation.

I have checked the records and your laptop uses Display port 1.2 implementation with a resolution of 4096×2160 and 340 MHz (though actual devices are limited to 225–300?MHz).

Refer this article to know more information about Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV.

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

From manuals http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06002077

i find out that hdmi is 2.0 // HDMI: v2.0 supporting: up to 4096×2160 at 60 Hz with HDCP 2.2 

but there is no info about MiniDisplayPort.

If i connect from Minidisplayport to 4k TV , what will it be the Hz?

HP Recommended

Hey there! @WiSeRTurk, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you would like to know the display resolution and Hz when you connect a monitor or a TV to the mini display port.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

DP and miniDP are more or less the same standards with different connections. You should not have an issue as long as your graphics card on your laptop is capable of outputting the necessary FPS.

Mini DisplayPort can drive display devices with resolutions up to 2560×1600 (WQXGA) in its DisplayPort 1.1a implementation, and 4096×2160 (4K) in its DisplayPort 1.2 implementation.

I have checked the records and your laptop uses Display port 1.2 implementation with a resolution of 4096×2160 and 340 MHz (though actual devices are limited to 225–300?MHz).

Refer this article to know more information about Connecting a Monitor, Projector, or TV.

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response and answer. 

Appreciate it

have a nice day

HP Recommended

@WiSeRTurk, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I'm glad I was able to answer your query.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Happy Holidays! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.