Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp gaming pavilion 15 cx0140tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having trouble with Hp Pavilion gaming laptop not charging when plugged into power. Contacted hp support and did power reset as directed (non removable battery so just did the other steps ) . Then ran the battery diagnostics through hp support assistant and shared the screenshots with hp support . It definitely says battery reports failure and needs to be replaced . I am told battery replacement is not covered under the extended warranty i have on this product until nov 2021 . I have agreed to get a quote after getting a case id (not sharing as requested under posting guidelines ) but yet to get a quote or eta .

Meanwhile are there any other steps i can try ? Is it ok to use laptop plugged into power all the while ? It works fine but does heat up 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Binka2020 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to charge the laptop.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support one more time and request for the quotation. They will help you.

Or you can conatct the local service center for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi 

I have raised a case and it was closed without a quote being shared . I raised another one and its assigned to same service center Skypro . Still waiting for a quote. 

In the meantime I  am trying to see if its available on Hp Online or Parts . Can you help me with battery part number for this laptop? Also for non removable batteries is there any orher part that needs to be ordered?  

Happy to share case ids of its allowed . 

Regards

HP Recommended

@Binka2020

I understand your concerns.

I have checked the manual ( page number 16).

4 cell 917724-856

3 cell L08855-856

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.