Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN HP 15-dc1065nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
On my laptop, there is a problem with fps from the purchase it self, I have too few of them,
for example in games like lol minecraft csgo and fortnite max fps that I can achieve at the
lowest settings is 80 fps, which in no case is not satisfied with using nivida expirients if
it optimizes the game, they show up settings usually ultra or high and then the counter drops
to 20-50 fps Could someone help me because I really have enough frame rates in the game

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello @Ediadus123 

You have had the issue since you first had the laptop?

Is this happening when on battery only, or when plugged in to the power cord?

HP Recommended

I have to be at the charger all the time because otherwise the laptop has no power and the fps counter is at 30

HP Recommended

OK thanks. This is absolutely normal behavior. Laptops do NOT perform as well on battery only because the system automatically lowers the power to prolong the battery and save from overheating.

You can increase the power some by changing the Windows Power Options to High performance in the Windows Control Panel.

You can also tell the NVIDIA control panel to force the system to use the dedicated 1650 card all the time. It will be better than without but still not quite as good as with the power cord.

Use the photo below as a guide. Change the preferred graphics processor to the NVIDIA 1650 (not auto).

Omen dc1057nr NVIDIA cpanel.jpg

HP Recommended

Your battery will discharge faster with these settings and will make it fail sooner than faster when it reaches its end of life.

You should always game on the power cord when ever possible. If you are at home and the laptop doesn't leave the desk, there is no reason to use the battery.

HP Recommended
You do not fully understand me, I am at the charger all the time 
and my fps are not satisfactory anyway, I changed the nividia settings
enough to have this high performance which did not result in anything,
maybe +5 fps, but I still require too little much more from this hardware
HP Recommended

You are right, I am not fully understanding your explanations and this subject can be a tough one to troubleshoot.

So what did you mean then when you said...

I have to be at the charger all the time because otherwise the laptop has no power

If you are on battery only, does the laptop not work at all or ???

You set your power options in the Windows Control Panel to run at High Performance also, correct?

Also have you looked at your Task Manager to see  if there is some service or program eating up CPU resources unnecessarily, especially during a game? click once on the top of the CPU column to highlight it and during activity or gaming, see if there is something else eating up the percentage that shouldn't be.

Task manager cpu.PNG

Is your power adapter showing as 150W or something lower? I'm wondering if the power brick is not producing proper power.

Lastly, are you still under warranty?

HP Recommended

My CPU reaches 70% / 80% percent while playing but most of it is taken 
by some system crap that I can't turn off

HP Recommended

Ok.  When it's happening during play, with that cpu column highlighted again so the highest percentages show on top... Take a screen shot and post it. Maybe i can recognize something.

HP Recommended

Ediadus123_0-1612466387381.png

This is how it looks during the game, but I honestly doubt that it is the fault of this processor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.