Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

I need help regarding reinstalling windows 10 on my laptop

HP Recommended
Hp omen dc15-0082tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I bought the laptop around 2 years back it was running smoothly even right now but I have notice I have only 13 gb left in the c drive but i dont save any large file in it therefore i have decided to reinstall windows 10 onmy laptop. I do have a recovery drive but I want to make a clean install using Microsoft media creation tool so my questions are

1. Will my recovery drive still work If i want to reformat my laptop sometime in the future with the factory setting

2. Will my window automatically get activated even after clean reinstall since I own a genuine copy of win10 home out of the box

3. After clean installation will I still get my omen omen boot logo or windows boot log(I really want to keep my omen  boot log).

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,870 120,047 19,644 30,020
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

1.  If you clean install W10, the recovery partition will no longer work, so you may as well delete it during the installation.

2.  Yes. W10 will automatically activate.

3. It is highly unlikely the Omen boot logo will be there.

Your other option to reinstall W10 might be to use the HP cloud recovery tool.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

Anubhav1996
Author
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So if I use my Recovery drive than I will still have my omen boot logo right?? 

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,870 120,047 19,644 30,020
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I would imagine so.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation