Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN laptop 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am very distraught. I just bought this laptop about 2 weeks ago. Everything works very well except for one thing that I do pretty frequently; copying files from my downloads folder. I download a file from the internet and then I move that file to a folder in my hardrive. Downloads just fine but when I try to move that file, even to the desktop, it takes forever. A 156KB file will download instantly but will take 45 secs to copy it to another location. The larger of the files I typically download and move, over 2000KB, can take 5 - 7 mins. I'm not doing anything else while they are moving and have tried closing all other windows.

I did reset the laptop about a week ago and that fixed the problem but today it started happening again. I tried updating everything that it wanted me to update but that didn't fix it. I have also done almost everything else that I found when I searched my problem to no avail.

This is a gaming laptop so that's primarily what I use it for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Everything else on the laptop worked just fine. There was an update to something last night that seems to have fixed the problem. It was downloaded automatically so I'm not sure what it was but everything is fine now.

Thanks for responding.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Socksthewarrior

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have an OMEN laptop 15-ce0xx series laptop. I read that the performance of the laptop is very slow while copying files one location to another location in the hard drive. You reset the laptop and it worked fine for a while and now the issue has restarted.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Apart from copying files, say if you're playing a game or doing some other task then how is the performance?

If the overall performance of the laptop has slowed down then I suggest you to review the steps from this HP performance troubleshooter guide. The steps provided help in improving the laptop's performance.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Feel free to keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Everything else on the laptop worked just fine. There was an update to something last night that seems to have fixed the problem. It was downloaded automatically so I'm not sure what it was but everything is fine now.

Thanks for responding.

HP Recommended

@Socksthewarrior

You're welcome. 🙂

I'm glad to know that the issue is fixed. I must say that technical solutions can only be provided. But it was you who implemented the steps to perfection. Cheers! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.