Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Notebook PC 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently bought my HP Omen 15 and when I got it everything worked fine. After the windows 10 update, my keyboard backlight is stuck on red and I can't change the colors. Also, my touchscreen doesn't work with Google Chrome.  

Please help. Thanks

oh and whenever I close and open my laptop the metal part that connects the screen with the keyboard makes a clicking noise. It sounds like it's loose or broken. Agian, please help me I really love this computer 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ouch, I can't say what that is from the pics, but I agree it doesn't look right.

I'd send it in to get fixed as that should be making any noise. 😞
(Or if you bought it at an actaul store, bring it back and ask for an exchange.)

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Everyone has has this problem and the easy fix has been posted in these forums.

The key trick is to update the HP System Event Utility:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71716.exe

There are many other updates made spesificly for Windows 10.
Always a safe bet to have those installed too. 🙂

I am an HP Employee
-----
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

I'm sorry, I missed the second portion of your message:

"oh and whenever I close and open my laptop the metal part that connects the screen with the keyboard makes a clicking noise. It sounds like it's loose or broken. Agian, please help me I really love this computer Smiley Sad"

This would need to be seen by the suppor techs. This is not easy to diagnose over a forum.
However, if you can locate exactly where the clicking is coming from and take close up pics of the location, I can have a look to see if an escalation is needed or if it is something that can easily be fixed.

Email me at [Personal Information Removed]

I am an HP Employee
-----
HP Recommended

I have attached 2 pictures below. On one side there is an extra part that I know shouldn't be shpwing and on the other one it shows how its supposed to be. That's the reason I believe it's making a clicking noise when I open the laptop. Ant now the screen kinda wiggles back and forth if I move it even a tiny bit. 1440557497474.jpg1440557581908.jpg

HP Recommended

Ouch, I can't say what that is from the pics, but I agree it doesn't look right.

I'd send it in to get fixed as that should be making any noise. 😞
(Or if you bought it at an actaul store, bring it back and ask for an exchange.)

I am an HP Employee
-----
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.