Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 EC0101AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have been experiencing jitters/lags on every game i play. I have a 4GB GTX 1650, 8GB Ddr4 and Ryzen 5 3550H. Everything is upto date (drivers, windows updates). I just couldnt seem to get around this issue of not being able to play buttersmooth with 60 fps on games for which my card is an overkill.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Please reply with the games you play. As if the games you play are intensive you might not get 60 fps on the desired setting.

So please mention the games you play.

HP Recommended

That is not my problem as to what games i can run, i am talking about massive fps drops in games which run easily like FIFA where one moment it is pushing above 60 and then drops to 15. Might be a bug related to vega and gtx 1650 switchability because both gpus are being utilised which is so weird. I have tried a lot of settings but to no avail.

HP Recommended

@AAA9  Just check if your bios version is F.08 or F.05 , If it is F.08 then the problem is in bios version , many has faced the hibernating and sudden locking in that version and hp remove that version from its software and driver update page, we might get a new bios update soon. Please check the bios version.

HP Recommended

That might be the problem too. F0.8 is so bad. Caused a  lot of people a lot of problems.

HP Recommended

Thanks deadpool9,

I have F.08 and that maybe the problem like you suggest. You would notice something very queer about hp website drivers after entering my product version, they have different drivers for different windows build. I have 2004 and they recommend F.02 RevA which is a 2019 version of bios. 

What do you suggest ?

HP Recommended

@AAA97 Mate, I also have the windows 10 version 2004 64 bit so when I select that it shows F.02 version of bios but you can't revert it back even if you tried with F.05 you can't and I would suggest you don't even try because if it gets wrong it would be the problem for system, One of the hp support agent told me that they are working on the issue and will soon provide the update but he don't confirm any date for that , He just assured me that new update will be coming soon.

HP Recommended

Lets just hope for the best and from where do you suggest i update AMD drivers ? From their website, Hp's website or hp support assistant ? On Hp's website there are two - picasso and another one. Should i install both ?

It is pathetic that i spent so much on a laptop with a good card and now i cant use it for gaming 

HP Recommended

@AAA97 I would suggest you to update the amd drivers from there website only. And rest updates you can download with hp software and Drivers page.

HP Recommended

@deadpool9, 
Could you please inform in this forum when the new bios comes out. I am praying everyday because i bought it for gaming plus work and now i feel like it has been a waste of money.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.