Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I've had an adventure with a cat while upgrading my laptop. I use duct tape to keep all my screws in order as I assemble/reassemble things. This time was no different as I was adding a 2nd SSD and better thermal paste to the cpu/gpu. I left the room to get some alcohol and when I returned, my strip of duct tape was gone. So was the cat. I searched and couldn't find it. Later. the cat appeared sans duct tape which meant it was someplace outside.

This brings me here. All those screws are lost and I need replacements. The good news is I know what screws I need. The bad news is I don't think I can only get the screws from HP without buying the parts they secure. I know there are places that sell screws kits and sets for older laptops but I couldn't find any for the Victus specifically. 

The screws needed are:

Bottom cover
eight Phillips M2.0 × 4.0 screws

Battery
six Phillips M2.0 × 3.0 screws

Heat sink
two Phillips M2.0 × 5.0 screws

Does anyone know where I can obtain these?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BigPBJ 

You have to buy a Screw Kit (full set) part # M54730-001 which is N/A from HP Part Store right now

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=M54730-001

You have to use part # and search on internet. I saw it on eBay for $13. HP won't allow me to post the link, please search yourself

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BigPBJ 

You have to buy a Screw Kit (full set) part # M54730-001 which is N/A from HP Part Store right now

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=M54730-001

You have to use part # and search on internet. I saw it on eBay for $13. HP won't allow me to post the link, please search yourself

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.