Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 Gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello people at the HP Community. I recently purchased an HP Pavilion 15 Gaming laptop. I have played games like CSGO, Warzone ,GTA V ,Star Wars Battlefront 2, Rocket League, etc. but it is mostly when i play GTA V that my laptop randomly shows the shutting down screen that says "locking" and my laptop shuts down. This problem only occurs with games like GTA V and Battlefront 2 but not with heavy games like Warzone. And the GPU is an NVIDIA GTX 1050.I can resume the games even after the shut down. So can anyone please tell me what may be the issue as I tried contacting HP online support but they say the same thing everytime : "Please contact your gaming vendor as we do not know much about games". or they ask me to do a system recovery and to reset the laptop, which obviously is too time consuming. Please tell me if this is due to any possible software issue or anything else thank you.

Note : I also had updated the laptop to the Windows '2004' Update and this problem is mostly after that no history of shutdown before.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@saikam2003

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
Power plans are a collection of hardware and system settings that manage how your computer uses power. Select from preset power plans that use less power, maximize performance, or balance the two. You can also create custom plans according to specific performance needs.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Search for power, and then click Power Options.

Opening the Power Options in Windows

3. Select an option under Choose or customize a power plan.

Selecting a power plan

4. To customize the selected plan, click Change plan settings, and then select the display and sleep settings when using the battery and when plugged in.

NOTE: 

To set up a personalized plan, click Create a power plan from list on the left side of the main Power Options window, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The plan displays in the list of available power plans.

5. To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.

Change advanced power settings for more options

6. Click the plus sign next to the component or function, change the available settings, click Apply, and then click OK.

Changing the Advanced settings

7. Click Save changes.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.