Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion — 15-ec0010nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had been playing on my laptop with connected monitor with HDMI and everything were fine. But then i moved in another city, and when i tried to play something i see that my laptop isn't loaded fully so i haven't more fps. In osu! it even capped by 288(I had like 1000 with 2560x1440 monitor), but i turned off any fps locks. I tried everything: reinstalling drivers, changing any setting and full system recovery. In furmark i can load GPU or CPU by 100% with good temperature, but it have no reason while i can't play because of low fps. Also integrated GPU works fine. Any screenshots or whatever you need, but help me please. Discussion with nvidia support didn't resolved the problem.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@dalvi1

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing FPS drop issues when playing games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In which games are you facing this issue?

Are you playing these games online?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

BIOS: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108789.exe

Graphics: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103831.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have it in any game.Online and offline. Bios and driver update have no effect.

HP Recommended

@dalvi1

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Right-click your desktop background and select NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also find this tool by performing a Start menu (or Start screen) search for NVIDIA Control Panel or by right-clicking the NVIDIA icon in your system tray and selecting Open NVIDIA Control Panel.

To quickly set a system-wide preference, you could use the Adjust image settings with the preview option. For example, if you have old hardware that struggles to play the games you want to play, you may want to select “Use my preference emphasizing” and move the slider all the way to “Performance.” This trades graphics quality for an increased frame rate.

By default, the “Use the advanced 3D image settings” option is selected. You can select Manage 3D settings and change advanced settings for all programs on your computer or just for specific games. NVIDIA keeps a database of the optimal settings for various games, but you’re free to tweak individual settings here. Just mouse-over an option for an explanation of what it do

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No effect

HP Recommended

@dalvi1

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer and check if it helps.

Refer to the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00006110

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did it earlier and it doesn't help

HP Recommended

Are you using a different TV or display on HDMI than the one you did before? Maybe it has to do with different refresh rates between your laptop screen and what you have connected. They have to be in sync. If they are not, you have to "use only second screen".

HP Recommended

I used 144hz 2560x1440 monitor with HDMI and now I am using laptop display with same 144hz but 1920x1080

HP Recommended

@dalvi1

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.