Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen X 17-ap020nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

It's been a weird thing on my laptop for a few days now and it's never happened before. While playing a game or watching a movie (sometimes) etc ... the laptop itself starts in sleep mode. It goes off slightly and then I have to turn it on again. The temperature is not high, sometimes going 70C or 80C, both on the CPU and GPU. Previously, in the past sometimes the CPU would not go over 90 c during some games and this has never happened before. I do not understand what is happening to him.

But here's what I found in Event Viewer(this is the first time I've done something via Event Viewer, please don't mind me if I didn't get the data right):

1. Error Source: ACPI Event ID: 13
(these are 4 in a row, one after the other, all in 30 seconds)

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

2. Error Source: Kernel-Power Event ID: 88 Task Category: 85
(these are 2 in a row, one after the other)

The system was hibernated due to a critical thermal event.
Hibernate Time = 2020 - 04 - 24T16: 04: 16.144944000Z
ACPI Thermal Zone = \ _TZ.TZ01
_HOT = 373K

3. Information Source: Kernel Power Event ID: 42 Task Category: 64

The system is entering sleep.

Sleep Reason: Thermal Zone

4. Information Source: Power Troubleshooter Event ID: 1

The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: 2020 - 04 - 24T16: 04: 16.139385300Z
Wake Time: 2020 - 04 - 24T16: 05: 09.697491400Z

Wake Source: Unknown

I tried MSI Afterburn and it does not show that CPU MAX won't go over 75c.  How I say, when I play games, sometime after 5min or 15min or 30 min my laptop just go in sleep mod.

I would be very grateful for your help. 

isko_0-1588518628060.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

03.05.2020 - New update

- After laptop go in sleep mod or hibernate, it is very hard to turn it on. I need to press power ON button for 15 sec to 1 min to turn my laptop on. (my laptop again go in sleep mod when i watch movie. Laptop wasnt hot at all, my room was could. I just see Windows loading animation "points that rotate in circle" and "LOCK" text under that animation.

Please tell me what to do? What is the problem? :'(

Sorry for bad English

HP Recommended

@isko Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Laptop goes into sleep mode while playing games.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

It is a power management issue going on here. I have attached a document that explains some of the advance power settings. As you go down the document you see a link to called Page 2: Sleep and Hibernation Settings and that will show you how to turn off the sleep mode.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/windows-advanced-power-options-explained

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Please update the BIOS and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveen196

Time day I woke up and read your answer.  I just want to try your answer but they are now NEW PROBLEM 😞 

- I can't  turn on the Omen X.  I press power ON button for 15 sec to 1 min to turn my laptop on But notting happens.  I try this with and without AC adapter but notting happens.

I just see an Orange light standing next to hole where I put my AC adapter. ( It is not blinking it just show orange light) 

What to do now?  😞 why is this happening? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW UPDATE:

- I read here on forum that I need to open my Omen X and unhook the battery then turn on the laptop - and turn off if everything is ok. I do that and it is working now.

Still they are a question what is happening? 😞

- And, about your first post you told me to turn sleep mod. Settings like this: https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/ZqzyLHGjJ5HCj65k7wDdVg-650-80.jpg   ???

- And one more questin about BIOS. I have update  BIOS   05/06/2019, BIOS Revision F.21 I think this is the last one?

And can I do reset BIOS? Is that OK? Will it erse my files from HDD?
- NEW UPDATE: I have update my BIOS to F22

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveen196,

So, after updating BIOS, and chek evryting in my settings like this one  https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/ZqzyLHGjJ5HCj65k7wDdVg-650-80.jpg    (tell me is that what I need to do) I try to play some games again. After 30 minutes of playing games my laptop start to go in sleep mode. I just see text  "LOCKING"  and my laptop go in sleep mode.  Avg  CPU temperature was 77c and max 85c, GPU was much less.

Please If you need some more information tell me what you need. I really need your help 😞

HP Recommended

@isko

I understand your concerns.

In that case, please try creating a new user account on your computer.

Go to http://hp.care/2dWJKgW  and follow the steps to create a new user account.

If the issue still persists, perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I try  new user but it is not working.

So, I need to try reset. Tell me If I do reset, will it:

1. earse everything from my PC?
2. My Windows 10 Pro is come with my laptop. How can I know a serial number of Windows?

3. My Windows is install on disc C but all my games, programs are in disc D. Will I need to insatll them all again?

HP Recommended

@isko

I understand your concerns.

There will be two options.

• Keep my files: When you select this option, the computer:

• Keeps your personal files intact when reinstalling Windows 10.

• Deletes all apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes all changes to settings.

• Deletes all HP apps that came preinstalled on your computer. HP apps are reinstalled if your PC came with Windows 10.

• Remove everything: When you select this option, the computer:

• Removes all personal files when reinstalling Windows 10.

• Deletes all apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes all changes to settings.

• Deletes all HP apps that came preinstalled on your computer. HP apps are reinstalled if your PC came with Windows 10.

NOTE: 

Select this option if you plan to donate, sell, or recycle your PC.

After performing the reset you may reinstall the application.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.