Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-03-2022 07:19 PM - edited 08-03-2022 08:32 PM
Left clicking on my trackpad works intermittently. It works sometimes and it doesnt during other times. In addition to this, when left clicking doesnt work, the entire trackpad feels sluggish. I'm getting by thanks to a usb mouse but this is not normal. I tried reinstalling the driver and updating windows but neither has fixed my issue. Has anyone else experienced this? To me, this looks like a hardware issue but I want to be sure before I take it to the service center.
Edit: Right clicking on the touchpad works as expected
08-05-2022 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.
(1) Update BIOS
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
|F.30 Rev.A||11.2 MB||Apr 11, 2022||Download|
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
- An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
- The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
- HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.
(3) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !
Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver
|10.1.18698.8258 Rev.A||0.5 MB||May 21, 2021||Download|
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver
|2126.96.36.1993 Rev.A||17.3 MB||May 21, 2021||Download|
Intel Serial IO Driver
|30.100.2104.1 Rev.A||0.8 MB||Sep 10, 2021||Download|
Intel Thunderbolt Controller Driver
|1.41.1193.0 Rev.A||18.5 MB||Sep 10, 2021||Download|
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
|188.8.131.52 Rev.A||56.1 MB||Jun 30, 2021||Download|
ELAN Precision Touchpad Filter Driver
|184.108.40.206 Rev.C||2.2 MB||Mar 17, 2022||Download|
(7) Reboot and test again ...
(8) Please report your results
08-07-2022 03:06 AM - edited 08-07-2022 03:41 AM
This seems to be a technical defect...
(1) Shutdown notebook ( no sleep, no hibernate )
(2) Disconnect charger
(3) Press and hold <power button> for 30 seconds
(4) Connect charger
(5) Start windows and test touchpad again
(6) if it still fails
In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
- [Always recommended] Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges should be renewed
- [Always recommended] The function of the fan(s) must be checked
- Touchpad should be replaced
- General cleaning ...
HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support
HP warranty expired:
If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.
Buy parts at https://partsurfer.hp.com/
|HP Spare part number||Description|
Download -> Maintenance and Service Guide
Page 48 Chapter 5 Removal and replacement procedures for authorized service provider parts
Page 49 Component replacement procedures
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community