02-12-2020 05:40 PM
This past day I have noticed a severe drop in FPS and generally, the laptop is running much slower than it usually would. The only correlation is that the cooling fans are no longer expelling the same amount of heat as they usually would, nor making the same amount of noise. But I can hear them working as they would if I was not gaming and using the laptop for other uses such as say Netflix or youtube. They are quiet and expelling cool air only, not what I have been used to when gaming, I am used to a bit of heat and an increase in noise.
Any help or advice as to where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.
02-15-2020 01:19 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- When was the last time it worked without these issues?
- Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
- What is the operating system?
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee