Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0009ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I had an issue in sound where it lowers itself automatically for no reason

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Audio-getting-lowered-automaitclly/td-p/7756208

I did ask for help, but all the solutions that were given either didn't work or I already did it, even a person suggested to install a newer version of the sound, but it won't start the installer.

anyhow, I formatted my pc to fix the issue, the volume doesn't lower itself anymore, but the overall volume of the laptop is just too low, running at 50% volume is like hearing sound while not wearing headphone.

and it's impossible for the windows to be corrupted as I reset it, so it's a driver issue, please I need a driver which is up to date with windows updates, one in my pc driver page is 2019 driver, will never work, so do not tell me to check it.

I'm running windows 10 version 20H2 ( OS build 19042.789), and also do not just tell me to wait and it will be fixed soon, the first time I asked question was 6 months old, also I'm just 3 months out of warranty, so my computer is also new

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

-- UPDATE --

After further investigatoin into my pc apps and drivers, i think i found what is casued the issue!

the issue is being caused when ever i open Bluestacks 3 , and it would break the whole audio for my computer until i restart my pc!

there is 3 main steps i followed to fix the issue, 

1. when ever i open bluestacks, i resatert after it to fix the audio.

2. i took owner of the file that has the audio app ( google how to take owner windows 10 ).

3. i made the app run as admintrastor, and i run it maunally each time i open the computer.

and so with these steps , my audio no longer has any kind of issue

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi@Ayhamo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that notebook has an issue with the Audio issue.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

To resolve these issues, download and install the following SoftPaq to update the audio driver: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107252.exe

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

@Prpraveenbv

Hi,

-This issue happened like way before when I updated windows( when I first asked for help it was on August 2020), I was told with windows update it would get fixed, but it didn't, someone from HP did post an update for the driver, but it didn't run?

-No, I made no change to my pc, I just resorted to resting it as final, it did fix the issue but my overall sound from my laptop is way low from what it was before resting

-Yes, everything, but I didn't touch the sound driver( like uninstalling, download from an external website), my version is latest from that from my laptop Support driver.

-4PK78EA#ABV

-the link you provided is not working as not Found a issue

HP Recommended

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps Audio issue 

To resolve this issue, download and install the SoftPaq or update the audio driver in Device Manager.

Option 1: Download and install the SoftPaq to update the audio driver:

Update the BIOS

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Option 2: Update the audio driver in Device Manager

1. Open Device Manager.
  2. Expand Sound video and game controllers.
  3. Right-click on Realtek Audio Device.
  4. Select Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi agian,

as i said before i'am running on latest version of everything from my notebook support page, even it turns out that my audio up to date with date of 2020-03-26 and version of 6.0.8924.1, the one you gave me is 2016 version, so i didn't update yet until i get confimration from you, just to make thing clear, my bois is up to date and also when i update from device manger it is also up to date and an important note that the driver in my notebook support page has version of 6.0.1.8619 ( in which mine is most recent, i don't know but maybe reverting back to this version would fix it?), i'am really not willing to go to such step if it would resot same problem as before

HP Recommended

The only option to reimage the operating system to factory settings.

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Advanced system settings.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
  5. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

If you've been using the Recovery Partition (F11) to reinstall the OS, I recommend using the Recovery media instead to wipe out the HDD and create a new partition and fresh OS installation: Click here to obtain one, if you don't have on in your possession.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sir i did my reset just like that, the problem is not windows nor hardware, it's the driver that have issues with windows update and caused the issue

HP Recommended

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Clearly there is a major issue with this, as so many of us are having the same problems despite jumping through all your hoops! When will HP admit that Windows 10 seems to have completely f'ed up our laptops!

HP Recommended

@OCR7,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.OCR7

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.