Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMen 17-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I recently got an HP Omen last month and it has a variety of small problems. For example, sometimes it has a memory BSOD, and other times I can only hear on one side of my headphones. The speakers work 100%, but I'm wondering if I can get this RMA'd and replaced? If so, would it be for free?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello again @CloudComputing 

You said you got this about a month ago? So its brand new or was it used?

If brand new, its under warranty so of course you can do a warranty claim and HP will take care of it.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact/laptops

Used and out of warranty? You would be responsible for repairs unless you bought a refurb directly from HP. In such case you would have to contact HP on what they will do.

HP Recommended

It's brand new, like, I bought it last month from the HP website. 

HP Recommended

OK, the link for support claims is above.

HP Recommended

How long would it take to get fixed? My uni starts and it's small enough problems that I could wait for winter break and return it then. My warranty expires next year anyways

HP Recommended

This forum isn't connected to the warranty service. You would have to ask them depending on what has to be done.

I don't recommend waiting. I would send it in as soon as possible, no matter if your warranty is up next year or not.

If you have further issues, you want to catch it before the warranty ends.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.